My favorite look to style without thinking twice has to be hands down SKIRTS!! Not just any skirt but midi skirts, it is such a polished girl kind of look and I am all about it! Today I wanted to share one of my secrets when styling skirts. It’s something I just started doing and no one would even know! It all started a few Sundays ago when I wanted to wear this adorable black pleated midi skirt but couldn’t find the perfect top so I decided I’d wear a dress! I chose this black bodycon dress but I had more options with my dresses! It’s an easy way to add more variety when styling a look. I wish I would’ve thought of it sooner! Not only did I love how it looked but since it’s a dress, being longer than a top, it stayed tucked in, the whole day! It may be something I just discovered but I thought I’d share because geeeezzz I feel like it increased my options for outfits by a lot! Thanks for stopping by as always!
Shop my look!
It’s almost the end of this year and if there’s something I’ve learned it’s how to be a more confidant woman. I thought I’d share five habits that can help you be more confident too. As well as some inspo for a transition Fall look! Well let’s get right into the habits!
1. Seek Challenges. Not everything you do will be a piece of cake, and that’s OK, so don’t let challenges stop you. If there’s something you want to do, like maybe start up that blog you’ve been thinking about or change your career path, start that new workout class, it’s never too late! I’ve found if that’s where your passion is you’re most likely to succeed and be happy while doing it. If it’s not what you thought it would be, don’t give up, keep going and learn from your mistakes to eventually get where you want to be.
2. Do NOT compare yourselves to others. This can be such a toxic habit to have and these days it can be so easy to fall in this habit. Instead of comparing and feeling jealous of what other girls have you can make the choice of supporting women, networking with them. You might even spark a brand new friendship. Getting inspired by other women is a much better habit to have! I love finding gorgeous girls who have similar styles as I do and following along in their life I always get inspired to try a new look or visit a new place!
3. Make Goals. Making goals is so important but simply deciding you want a new car can seem so impossible, you have to have steps in achieving that goal. So you can start with saving a certain amount each month until you get the amount you need for that new car. Trust me! Once you mark that first check mark in the very first step to a new car or whatever it is you want, you gain a bar of confidence in your life!
4. Respect others and yourself. Okay, this is so important in every women’s life. I think respecting others should be a part of everyone’s life and if done, it would stop so many fights in our world but I suppose it’s easier said then done.
I’ve never been one to say anything negative about another girl or person in general. Maybe it’s the Jesus living in me or the desire to be a righteous women in the eyes of God, like Noah, being right with God and right with man he found favor in the eyes of God because of his righteousness. Who am I to push down another person for any reason at all even behind their backs. I will always respect others upfront and behind their back.
Then there is respecting yourself, be confident in who you are, what you believe in and always think twice about making decisions. One simple way of respecting yourself is by elliminating cuss words from your vocabulary I’ve never been one to use them and I’ve found that it’s keeps me positive in my everyday life which has led to confidence.
5. Fake it and you’ll make it. Oh my goodness, this is definitely something to live by! Recently I went from working in an office, sitting on a desk, in front of a computer almost ALL day, being basically all to my self besides meetings to all of a sudden, working with children! I’m pretty good with kids but I’m not great so I was so nervous! I had a week of intensive training to prepare but still felt totally unprepared! Lol Receiving my very first patient was the scariest thing of my life but I knew the parents didn’t know their child was my first patient so what did I do? You guessed it. I faked it and I’ve made it, so cheesey but it’s true. I went in feeling so nervous but with practice and time, I’m confident in what I’m doing. Never go in doubting yourself because your mind is so powerful and can bring you down. Instead go in telling yourself “you can” and you’ll do great in whatever you do.
Habits 1, 3, and 5 are ones I’ve experienced this year intensely and the others are just a part of my everyday life. My list of habits can go on so I’ll have to share more later but for now you can try these out and let me know how they work for you! 😉
As always, thank you for stopping by and I hope you follow along to get more inspo in life and style! 😘 Love, Elle.
SHOP MY LOOK:
Hat: Forever 21
Skirt: Similar Mine is actually a dress.
Shoes: older and could not find anything relatively similar. Sorry guys! This is a simple sandal with low heel.
Bag: Henri Bendel. All sold out. Similar.
It’s Wednesday and you’re almost there, I totally get it! You feel like you might just collapse and can’t wait for the weekend. If you’re always feeling this way then I have 6 easy tips for you to beat the slump and make it through the rest of the week strong and energized!
1. No staying up late! This one can be tough if you have that one favorite show to watch or you’re simply just a night owl, whatever the case you have to make the biggest effort to put your electronics away and go to sleep. Try sleeping masks, they work wonders if you have a lot of moonlight peeking through the curtains.
2. Get your caffeine fix! If you’re still feeling tired, try some caffeine. My favorite way to power up is with a iced green tea latte with extra matcha powder! It’s refreshing and gives me that boost I need!
3. Wake up early to stretch or do some sort of exercise! This one not only wakes you up but it also makes you feel great about yourself! Keep this up and waking up earlier for that run will get easier and easier as time goes on.
4. Have a big healthy breakfast! My favorite meal of the day! Indulge on that breakfast, after all you did go on that run this morning and throughout the day you’ll be burning those toast calories right off!
5. Take a fresh shower every morning to wake up! I used to hate morning showers because it meant having to blow dry my hair and that takes way too long! Now that I run every single morning I have to take a shower every single day because I’m like a sweat machine🙈 TMI, sorry guys! I’ve been wearing a bun basically the whole week so it’s been working out!
6. Listen to some feel good music as you do the things above! As I so do everything above I always play some feel good, wake up, be happy jams! As I sing and dance my morning away they help me start my day with a positive attitude!
Those are my top 6 tips for beating the midweek slump! Let me know if you have any others I can try out and thank you for stopping by! 😘
Shop my look
Hello, lately I’ve been looking forward to the weekend more and more, not because I need a break from my job but because I get to dress up! During the week I run every single morning so doing my hair just doesn’t happen, I usually make some type of wet sleek bun or braids depending on the day. I work with children most of the day so being comfortable is necessary, I find myself going for fun work chinos in case I want to take my session with the child to the floor. Sometimes I do opt for a midi skirt since it allows me to sit comfortably as well but I don’t want to be restricted so it’s always something very flowy and long. Heels? Nope. I wear flats, or sandals that most of the time get taken off during the day. I look professional when the parents show up but once it gets to the middle of the session I want to be comfortable working with the child. Wearing heels is now a thing for the weekends! Now getting to my outfit, how cool is the skirt?! I saw it on asos.com, on sale and thought it would be such a cool piece to have! I also snatched this bodysuit because a girl can never have too many. They are perfect for skirts or jeans because they stay tucked in at all times! I went for classic nude accessories, shoes and bag. Overall such a fun classic outfit. Thanks for stopping by.
Hello all, I am sharing my video tutorial on this adorable little circle bag I made! I absolutely loved how it came it and it was the easiest thing I’ve ever made!
All it takes are 10 easy to follow steps!
Click on the picture to view the video!
Girlssssss, wrap dresses, it is the best creation in the fashion world! Let me tell you why…first of all it is thee most comfortable dress ever! It is such a classic item to have in your wardrobe that doesn’t ever seem to go out of style. If you buy the right fabric, and color you can wear it through all the seasons! Okay, and if you’re a soon to be mom this would be a perfect dress as well because it doesn’t matter what shape or figure you are, you are guaranteed to look amazing. Dress it up or wear it more casually, you can do it all with wrap dresses. If I still haven’t convinced you well…. I think I will because this dress is only $16 so why not try it out now? I would go one size up if you’re a little more curvy because the split will open wider but the fabric is great, very nice and stretchy! Happy Shopping everyone!
With love, Elle.
Shop My Look♥️👉🏻 Wrap dress 👉🏻 Hat 👉🏻 HB Bag 👉🏻 Sandals
Also, since I’m enjoying my favorite ice cream here from Cauldron, the earl grey lavender ice cream, I thought I would share my favorite spots for a sweet treat.
2. Á la Minute
Today I’m sharing my trip to the beautiful Mexico City! 🇲🇽 We purchased a national flight from TJ to Mexico City and arrived 10 minutes late to the airport where they would not let us through!!! We were stuck in TJ with all our luggage and it was seriously the worst experience ever. 😭 I’m traumatized, I’ve done that before but they always let me through or switch my tickets without charging me! We had to buy another ticket and stay in TJ, which happened to be kind of fun! My cousin has an aunt who lives there so we crashed at their place and got taken to eat some bomb tacos! Then we left on the next flight to Mexico and were on our way! ✈️
My aunt lives in Mexico City so she took us around to the most beautiful restaurants, places and we had a great time because of her! Below are some of the spots you have to visit when you go. Also, watch a full vlog of everything we did! Click Here To Watch!
1.Castillo De Chapultepec
2. Palacio de Bellas Artes
3. Pyramids of the Sun
4. La Gruta Restaurant
5. Museo De Frida Kahlo
6. Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral