Hi everyone, happy August! August for me is all about taking risks and getting out of my comfort zone, trying out new things in my life! With that being said, Im not sure what it is about this outfit but it’s just one of those “cool girl” outfits and I’m all about it! It’s almost a trend overboard, but I’m trying something new out and I think it all works together perfectly. I’ve seriously only worn this hat a few times but I love it so much, I always try to incorporate it in an outfit but I end up changing my mind last minute. This time I’m glad I just went for it and I actually got a few compliments so I suppose it turned out good! 👍🏻 Big ruffled sleeves are trending this season a lot too and it’s such a fun detail. Now my jeans are so fun, I love the fit and style. I’m not sure what the statement trend of this outfit is…🤔 but I think these three make this outfit what it is!
Shop my look.
FIVE THINGS YOU MUST DO DURING SUMMER!!
1. A day at the fair! 🎡🎠
If you have not gone to the fair during the summer then.. well.. you’re missing out on summer ladies and gents! It’s filled with fun, different kinds of performances, out of the ordinary food and just a good time waiting to happen! Grab your friends and go make sweet summer memories!
2. Road trip. 🚗🌞
A road trip for me (in CA) would be a weekend getaway to Palm Springs, San Diego, Malibu, Venice, LA, … the list could go on really. My point is, find a nearby city with some things you want to see or do, or maybe book an awesome hotel you just want to lounge at. It always feels like summer when you have that summer trip!
3. Rent a bike. 🕶🚴🏼
I think renting a bike can only be done during the summer because, who wants to ride a bike when it’s freezing and have that cold wind slap your face? Not me! Biking around is a must do SUMMER activity! I always look forward going to a beach to rent a bike! It’s one of my favorite things to do during the summer! Just make sure you wear lots of sun screen and maybe a hat! 😉
4. Drive-In theatre.
I live for movie dates with my boyfriend, sisters, friends, cousins, parents, just anyone!!! I’m always up for a movie but have you done a drive-in theatre? Now those are something else!! If you have a bigger car I think it’s a little more fun and comfy but regardless it’s a good time. My boyfriend has blown up a mattress, grabbed blankets, and pillows to create the most comfortable movie situation ever. He also happens to have a truck so it was out in the fresh open air! He always does it the best! 👌🏻 Make sure you snap some pictures of the night because you are going to want to remember, I guarantee it!
If you’re in California, I usually go to Vineland Theatre
5. Guilt free popsicles.
How can I resist the practically instant refresher of eating a popsicle on an insanely hot day. So many flavors to try that I want to eat popsicles every single day! So why not? – especially if they’re guilt free! Grab your favorite fruit and create your very own popsicles,Here are some recipes to try!that are good for you! 😉 They’re extra refreshing in a bikini floating on your favorite float in the pool!
I love traveling and have done enough of it to gain some insight on how to properly explore a new place (not that there’s a right and wrong way, simply do what makes you most happy). Below are my special little tips!
1. Research. Research what spots you want to see and restaurants you want to try. I always bookmark any cool spots I want to go to on Yelp or in my notes app on my phone.
2. Bike Around. Renting a bike in a new place is so much fun and such an effective way to see many things all in one day.
3. Bird’s Eye View. Get a bird’s eye view. Every place I have gone to I always somehow manage to find an amazing rooftop restaurant or place to go to look over the whole city.
4. Get To Know the Locals. Ask the locals because who knows the city better than they do! I’ve eaten some pretty amazing food and seen beautiful things I probably wouldn’t of if I didn’t get to know some locals.
5. Document. Lastly don’t forget to document your travels. Snap a picture of every ‘Oh My Goodness’ moment you have.
Blouse: Lucca Couture
White Denim: ZARA
I have always opted for skirts and dresses ever since my adolescence so finding new ways to style my skirts and dresses excites me🙊! !Today I am here with a cute way to add some spice to your styling ways of life! I know you can probably guess what this spice I speak of is…and yes, you’re right…I added a little knot to my basic tee instead of tucking it in! It’s such a simple detail but automatically adds a little spice✨! It instantly makes a more chic, summery, fresh touch to any look. I actually found this little trick while browsing through Pinterest, which I do regularly, I’m Pinterest addicted!! I can also guarantee this trick will keep you a lot more cool during the day..trust me! There’s no need to do a picture tutorial because I think everyone knows how to tie a knot, it’s simple, simple🤗! Hope you try it and love it as much as I do! Have a wonderful week!!
Tee: Old Navy
Hello gorgeous babes! The temperature has been rising a little more each day and I am extremely excited!! This means I’ll be getting those magical, warm summer nights I love so much! *major squeal. I just hate wearing something fresh during the day and having to change because the temperature went down, along with the sun. Now that the nights are also beginning to warm up I can stay in my summer day attire all day long. Being the bohemian flower child I am I could probably live in maxi dresses, ever since I was a little girl I loved dresses and hated wearing jeans. If it got cold I still wore dresses with some tights underneath, but this gal was not putting on jeans! Dresses were my thing and I gotta say they definitely still are especially if they are flowy with some open back details for the summer like this one. I linked a few adorable dresses down below but there are literally a million, thousand dresses out there that are amazing!
My dress is from Isabelle’s Cabinet but there are so many incredibly cute ones out there!
I always love spending time with my bestie and we always somehow try to coordinate in some way… It’s like I don’t want to be wearing flats when she’s wearing heels or vice versa. 👯 This day we hung out we wanted to go for a very casual bohemian look with turquoise accents and I loved how it came out! The pop of silver and turquoise against our clothing was just amazing!
Now for if you’re looking for some fun things to do during the summer with your best friend we’ve got you covered! Below are 10 fun ideas!
- Go for a walk, run, or jog! If you’re wearing little heels then probably make it a little walk around your neighborhood park! I am so lucky to live only 10 minutes away from my best friend so that’s a little more doable for us but if you don’t then just plan it out!
- Brunch it up! Go to cute little outdoor seating cafes and doll yourselves up! Maddie and I have a mini list of places we need to try!
- OC fair! During the month of July and August we have a fair with amazing food of all sorts and fun rides! Personally I don’t trust the rides all that much but they have good food and shows to entertain us so that’s enough for me!
- Roller skating/ Ice skating!! I love roller skating in the skating rinks but I also own a pair of roller blades that I use every now and then. Ice skating would just be an amazing thing to do during the day when the sun is way too hot to enjoy.
- Make it a pool day! I’m so happy my parents have an amazing pool we could enjoy stalked with fun floaties every summer, this year it’s gummy bears! Grab some ice cold beverages and blast your favorite tunes and just enjoy the day together!
- Beach day!! My bestie is all about exploring and has been telling me about snorkeling every time we hang out, she has all the gear and is always so excited about it. It’s made it onto my to do list with her but we still haven’t gotten around to doing.
- Shopping!! Shop! Duh! That’s a simple one!
- Sweet Treat! Go for a fun sweet treat of your choice! Ice cream, cake, smoothie, acai bowl, anything!!
- Theme Park Day! California has so many fun theme parks and I’m sure you have one near you!!
- Road Trip!! Choose the most gas efficient car and drive out to big sur or even San Diego! Doesn’t matter just go explore!!
Hope you enjoyed!
PS: Details at the end!💙
Bag: Tory Burch
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Knit Cardigan: Similar here
Shorts: Adorable ones here!
Shoes: In love with these!!!
(I tried squeezing every single picture from my trip and that meant shrinking a million of them. If a picture is too small you can click on it to enlarge.)
Arrived pretty late but ventured out to Times Square.
Woke up rather but late but went to have breakfast which was a hibiscus donut and blueberry smoothie. Then it was off to The Rockefeller where I got some amazing shots of the city from way up in the sky. The view was breathtaking! After that we grabbed some pizza and ventured once again to Times Square for some shopping.
Had breakfast at the cutest little spot ever where the walls were painted bright yellow, so different from all the buildings here. Had some delish brunch because once again, woke up late heading out the door at 11 but either way the food was sooo good! Then it was off to The Met passing central park where I got some ice cream swirl with sprinkles, my fav! My favorite part of this museum had to be the fashion, top designers displayed their creations and it was beyond beautiful and amazing how much detail goes into creating a masterpiece. Then of course after the museum closed we strolled through central park to get to shake shack where omg the food was everything I could’ve asked for at that very moment. After eating at Shake Shack it was some more exploring of the stores and park.
It was Raining therefore making it a perfect day for a museum, The Natural History Museum to be exact. So much history about Earth it was definitely quite interesting and it basically lasted all day. After the museum Shake Shack was so near by it was calling our names so Shake Shake for dinner!
Had brunch at John’s wife Freda and it was sooo good and different from any kind of brunch I’ve ever had. Passed Chinatown where I purchased a little red dress from a nice little old man and I’m wearing it next year for Lunar New Year. You can’t go to New York without visiting the 9/11 memorial, it is a day that should never be forgotten, thousands of people died or were affected by this terrorist attack and it was so sad to something like that happened but our flag stands high and we were all united during this time. Although it is a sad museum the memorial which replaced the twin towers is beautiful and very peaceful. For dinner we had seafood, fish burger and fish tacos. Definitely hit the spot after so much walking. After dinner on our way back to the hotel we ran into The Grand Central Train Station pictured in so many movie scenes.
Literally went shopping all day and to watch a play in the evening. Probably one of my favorite days! The play was beyond incredible, it felt like I was in it being so close to the stage. The play was The King and I, when I was little I watched the movie over and over because I loved it and this play was amazing.
We to the central park zoo where the cartoon Madagascar takes place in and loved it! I think I have this new obsession with zoos, they’re so much fun! After the zoo it was off to the yankee game where the food was so good! I had a hot dog, nachos, lemonade and a smoothie! Such a fun day, we all had great seats too!!
Last day made it out to Ellis Island and Liberty Island. Once again a museum that was very interesting on Ellis Island called The immigration museum. If you’ve watched Brooklyn film this museum will make you think of that film! It’s all about European immigrants and what some families went through. Kind of rushed this museum because we had reservations for Bergdorf Goodman tea! I am obsessed and in love with tea houses, with the actual tea, the sweets, and the whole ambiance. It’s definitely “my scene”!! So when I heard Bergdorf had afternoon tea I made reservations and loved every second of my time there. Possibly sat in the seat where one of Sex in the City actresses, Gossip Girl actresses, Jackie Kennedy have sat in! Everything was delicious, another one of my favorite things I did. Then it was time to head back home.