Today is world mental health day. We live in a world that is so caught up in social media where we wake up and grab our phones right away. We live in a world where depression is a normal occurrence and the main source of those feelings is technology, comparing yourself to someone, when you don’t even know that person is unhappy as well. Today we need start practicing to do things we love, not check our social media every 20 minutes and practice living in the moment. Look at the world around us and be a participant in the world. Take a run or walk to get your endorphins going. Practice being patient because what you want to do is most likely going to take time to get there. Just a thought. 💭 I wanted to share 20 things you can do for your mind and self that will keep you happy and ready for anything.
- Work Hard. Work hard for what you want, nothing is going to be just given to you. It will take time and dedication. All you need to do is start.
- Organize. Keeping things clean around you is always an easy thing to practice in your everyday life. Not only will you be able to find what you’re looking for in the morning but it will make you feel so good and ready to conquer the day!
- Eye Contact. Eye contact builds confidence in yourself and helps you make connections with others. It also makes you appear more trustworthy, self-aware, and self assured. It can be a little awkward for you at first but it’ll get easier!
- Try Something New. Trying something new is always such a fun thing to do. It can be anything from taking a painting class, workout class, planning a trip – I mean anything! Experiencing new things leads to increased productivity, renewed creativity, newfound perspectives, fun memories, and a fun story to tell.
- Practice Self-Kindness. Self-kindness can be hard to obtain, I find that I most hard on myself before anyone else. It takes practice and self awareness to be kind to your own self. Take one day and really observe your habits, behaviors, and thought process – are you kind to yourself? If you find you’re being rough with your self, try replacing with something you love. Look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment, if there’s one person you should be able to rely on, it’s yourself.
- Sweat. Sweating is a great to feel good, it energizes from the inside to the outside! It’s a great way to get your endorphins running and makes you feel way happier.
- Journal. Journaling is so awesome, take time in the morning or at night to make just jot down five things that you accomplished or are grateful for. When you’re done with your list you’ll feel so proud and happy of what you are achieving on a daily basis.
- Make Your Bed. Making your bed in the morning literally takes five minutes!! I do it while I am brushing my teeth and it makes my room look clean instantly.
- Read A Book.Reading is one the most relaxing things you can do for yourself. I like it because a book has the power to take your mind to another place in time, country, story that is not yours. It’s such a powerful way to disengage from the real world.
- Please & Thank You. Saying please and thank you and actually mean it every time you say it. Look in the eyes of whomever is helping you out and say it to them. Not only will the other person feel valued but it’s such a small easy gesture.
- Think Before You Speak. Thinking before you speak can be tough sometimes, I know whenever I’m angry at someone I just want to say what immediately pops into my head which isn’t the nicest. Having two sisters I can tell you I’ve definitely practiced this, sometimes the best thing to say is nothing. Once I cool down and really think about what I feel I talk to them and no one’s feelings get hurt.
Thank you stopping by and I hope you left with some inspiration.
It’s almost the end of this year and if there’s something I’ve learned it’s how to be a more confidant woman. I thought I’d share five habits that can help you be more confident too. As well as some inspo for a transition Fall look! Well let’s get right into the habits!
1. Seek Challenges. Not everything you do will be a piece of cake, and that’s OK, so don’t let challenges stop you. If there’s something you want to do, like maybe start up that blog you’ve been thinking about or change your career path, start that new workout class, it’s never too late! I’ve found if that’s where your passion is you’re most likely to succeed and be happy while doing it. If it’s not what you thought it would be, don’t give up, keep going and learn from your mistakes to eventually get where you want to be.
2. Do NOT compare yourselves to others. This can be such a toxic habit to have and these days it can be so easy to fall in this habit. Instead of comparing and feeling jealous of what other girls have you can make the choice of supporting women, networking with them. You might even spark a brand new friendship. Getting inspired by other women is a much better habit to have! I love finding gorgeous girls who have similar styles as I do and following along in their life I always get inspired to try a new look or visit a new place!
3. Make Goals. Making goals is so important but simply deciding you want a new car can seem so impossible, you have to have steps in achieving that goal. So you can start with saving a certain amount each month until you get the amount you need for that new car. Trust me! Once you mark that first check mark in the very first step to a new car or whatever it is you want, you gain a bar of confidence in your life!
4. Respect others and yourself. Okay, this is so important in every women’s life. I think respecting others should be a part of everyone’s life and if done, it would stop so many fights in our world but I suppose it’s easier said then done.
I’ve never been one to say anything negative about another girl or person in general. Maybe it’s the Jesus living in me or the desire to be a righteous women in the eyes of God, like Noah, being right with God and right with man he found favor in the eyes of God because of his righteousness. Who am I to push down another person for any reason at all even behind their backs. I will always respect others upfront and behind their back.
Then there is respecting yourself, be confident in who you are, what you believe in and always think twice about making decisions. One simple way of respecting yourself is by elliminating cuss words from your vocabulary I’ve never been one to use them and I’ve found that it’s keeps me positive in my everyday life which has led to confidence.
5. Fake it and you’ll make it. Oh my goodness, this is definitely something to live by! Recently I went from working in an office, sitting on a desk, in front of a computer almost ALL day, being basically all to my self besides meetings to all of a sudden, working with children! I’m pretty good with kids but I’m not great so I was so nervous! I had a week of intensive training to prepare but still felt totally unprepared! Lol Receiving my very first patient was the scariest thing of my life but I knew the parents didn’t know their child was my first patient so what did I do? You guessed it. I faked it and I’ve made it, so cheesey but it’s true. I went in feeling so nervous but with practice and time, I’m confident in what I’m doing. Never go in doubting yourself because your mind is so powerful and can bring you down. Instead go in telling yourself “you can” and you’ll do great in whatever you do.
Habits 1, 3, and 5 are ones I’ve experienced this year intensely and the others are just a part of my everyday life. My list of habits can go on so I’ll have to share more later but for now you can try these out and let me know how they work for you! 😉
As always, thank you for stopping by and I hope you follow along to get more inspo in life and style! 😘 Love, Elle.
SHOP MY LOOK:
Hat: Forever 21
Skirt: Similar Mine is actually a dress.
Shoes: older and could not find anything relatively similar. Sorry guys! This is a simple sandal with low heel.
Bag: Henri Bendel. All sold out. Similar.
Today I’m sharing my trip to the beautiful Mexico City! 🇲🇽 We purchased a national flight from TJ to Mexico City and arrived 10 minutes late to the airport where they would not let us through!!! We were stuck in TJ with all our luggage and it was seriously the worst experience ever. 😭 I’m traumatized, I’ve done that before but they always let me through or switch my tickets without charging me! We had to buy another ticket and stay in TJ, which happened to be kind of fun! My cousin has an aunt who lives there so we crashed at their place and got taken to eat some bomb tacos! Then we left on the next flight to Mexico and were on our way! ✈️
My aunt lives in Mexico City so she took us around to the most beautiful restaurants, places and we had a great time because of her! Below are some of the spots you have to visit when you go. Also, watch a full vlog of everything we did! Click Here To Watch!
1.Castillo De Chapultepec
2. Palacio de Bellas Artes
3. Pyramids of the Sun
4. La Gruta Restaurant
5. Museo De Frida Kahlo
6. Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral
Hi everyone, happy August! August for me is all about taking risks and getting out of my comfort zone, trying out new things in my life! With that being said, Im not sure what it is about this outfit but it’s just one of those “cool girl” outfits and I’m all about it! It’s almost a trend overboard, but I’m trying something new out and I think it all works together perfectly. I’ve seriously only worn this hat a few times but I love it so much, I always try to incorporate it in an outfit but I end up changing my mind last minute. This time I’m glad I just went for it and I actually got a few compliments so I suppose it turned out good! 👍🏻 Big ruffled sleeves are trending this season a lot too and it’s such a fun detail. Now my jeans are so fun, I love the fit and style. I’m not sure what the statement trend of this outfit is…🤔 but I think these three make this outfit what it is!
Shop my look.
Hi everyone! Today’s outfit is involving jeans, which I don’t usually wear. If you scroll through my recent posts here on Elle’s Adventure there are pretty much only dresses. I’ve said it before but I just love my dresses. I don’t have many jeans, only the essentials so I like to splurge a little bit more on those jeans! Every now and then I pull out my good old denim jeans and go for a casual look and what better way than to incorporate an OTS blouse! It was a lazy day today and I ran around looking for supplies for my upcoming blog posts that I have planned so I wanted something comfortable. These shoes have such a beautiful embroidery, I think if Marie Antoinette were here she’d approve of them! They remind me of some of her fabulous shoes or maybe even a fabric she’d wear for a dress, have as a curtain, put on a chair, or anywhere in her castle! As for my hair….well let’s just say I’m trying to give my hair a break. I’ve been searching pinterest for fun braids to try so that I don’t curl it for a few days, so this hairstyle was created from an overnight braid and a half braid (semi achieved after the second attempt).
Choker- Forever 21 (Mine is sold out) Similar one here!
Bag- Everly Oak
Blouse- Zara (Super Old) Bell sleeved one from Make Me Chic! + Simple one from J.Crew (on sale!) + Feminine, flirty one from Forever 21! + Red ruffled OTS dress from Forever21! + Red OTS Bell Sleeve dress from Asos (Favv one!)
I haven’t posted on this travel tab lately and I’m so sad! I actually have gone on a few mini getaways in CA but it’s been so hot where I’ve been going it’s humanly impossible for me to stop and take pictures of anything! I’ve also been just lounging around poolside so there’s not much to document but I finally went on a one day trip to Venice and did so many fun things I had to share! I’ve been to Venice a few time before but it’s mostly just to visit a friend where we usually just head to the beach or hang out at their house so I never actually explored Venice like I did today. We left early and headed straight to Abbot Kinney blvd to ‘The Butcher’s Daughter Juice bar & Cafe’ where I fell in love with the interior design and basically planned how my future home will look. I loved the bohemian look with the white wood, wooden plates, green plants, and the rose gold ohhhh the rose gold seriously gave it the perfect touch. Besides being beautiful the food and drinks were delicious.
After eating we walked outside to shop and explore, we happened to go a day there was a festival so there were so many boutique type clothing booths set up, handmade jewelry shops, there was everything!! I obviously had to buy a few beautiful things!
We then started to make our way down to the famous Venice sign where we discovered amazing murals all over huge walls that were so picture worthy….like how could you come to Venice beach and not take pictures here! It’s a must do!
We rented some bikes and made our way to probably the most beautiful spot I’ve ever seen! The Venice canals, I’ve been to Rome, Italy (it’s very special to my heart and happens to be my very first post here on my blog) but never made it to Venezia and for that I seriously regret so much and after visiting these canals I can only imagine how much more beautiful the real Venice is. Definitely on my bucket list for 2017.
After walking our bikes through this beautiful canal, can you believe we biked all the way to Santa Monica pier!? It didn’t take too long and I would definitely do it again preferably on a more chilly day! Last stop was a restaurant called Salt Air where we were basically dehydrated and dying from that bike ride! I only managed to take a picture of our seriously beyond delicious fish we ate but it was gone in a few minutes!
That sums up my photo diary of my one day trip to Venice beach, California. I also made a super fast video of everything.If you’re planning on visiting California, definitely a must see! Email/comment if you have any questions I always reply! Hope you enjoy! 🙈