Hi everyone, happy August! August for me is all about taking risks and getting out of my comfort zone, trying out new things in my life! With that being said, Im not sure what it is about this outfit but it’s just one of those “cool girl” outfits and I’m all about it! It’s almost a trend overboard, but I’m trying something new out and I think it all works together perfectly. I’ve seriously only worn this hat a few times but I love it so much, I always try to incorporate it in an outfit but I end up changing my mind last minute. This time I’m glad I just went for it and I actually got a few compliments so I suppose it turned out good! 👍🏻 Big ruffled sleeves are trending this season a lot too and it’s such a fun detail. Now my jeans are so fun, I love the fit and style. I’m not sure what the statement trend of this outfit is…🤔 but I think these three make this outfit what it is!
Shop my look.
FIVE THINGS YOU MUST DO DURING SUMMER!!
1. A day at the fair! 🎡🎠
If you have not gone to the fair during the summer then.. well.. you’re missing out on summer ladies and gents! It’s filled with fun, different kinds of performances, out of the ordinary food and just a good time waiting to happen! Grab your friends and go make sweet summer memories!
2. Road trip. 🚗🌞
A road trip for me (in CA) would be a weekend getaway to Palm Springs, San Diego, Malibu, Venice, LA, … the list could go on really. My point is, find a nearby city with some things you want to see or do, or maybe book an awesome hotel you just want to lounge at. It always feels like summer when you have that summer trip!
3. Rent a bike. 🕶🚴🏼
I think renting a bike can only be done during the summer because, who wants to ride a bike when it’s freezing and have that cold wind slap your face? Not me! Biking around is a must do SUMMER activity! I always look forward going to a beach to rent a bike! It’s one of my favorite things to do during the summer! Just make sure you wear lots of sun screen and maybe a hat! 😉
4. Drive-In theatre.
I live for movie dates with my boyfriend, sisters, friends, cousins, parents, just anyone!!! I’m always up for a movie but have you done a drive-in theatre? Now those are something else!! If you have a bigger car I think it’s a little more fun and comfy but regardless it’s a good time. My boyfriend has blown up a mattress, grabbed blankets, and pillows to create the most comfortable movie situation ever. He also happens to have a truck so it was out in the fresh open air! He always does it the best! 👌🏻 Make sure you snap some pictures of the night because you are going to want to remember, I guarantee it!
If you’re in California, I usually go to Vineland Theatre
5. Guilt free popsicles.
How can I resist the practically instant refresher of eating a popsicle on an insanely hot day. So many flavors to try that I want to eat popsicles every single day! So why not? – especially if they’re guilt free! Grab your favorite fruit and create your very own popsicles,Here are some recipes to try!that are good for you! 😉 They’re extra refreshing in a bikini floating on your favorite float in the pool!
I have been wanting to put together my skin care routine but to be completely honest it changes every time I run out of a product so I wasn’t sure what to share. I need to constantly change up the products I use or else I tend to break out, I know so weird but it does, so once I run out of a product I go for another one. Everyone’s skin is different so I have found that this works for me and my skin. I usually stick to certain brands for my everyday routine so I thought I’d share my current skin care products I’m using right now. Simply go to the number/color to read what I think about the product or to purchase!
- Olay Regenerating cream facial cleanser. I use this to take off my makeup every single night! I am a crazy person when it comes to taking off my makeup every single night and I can’t sleep until I do! I can actually say I never sleep with my makeup on. I think it is the most important thing you could ever do for your skin especially your face! It’s pretty disgusting to leave all the makeup overnight or if you don’t wear makeup then all the oil and dirt from the day! I can not stress enough how important it is. That was always one thing I would do even as a little girl with my mom, wash the face. This cleanser does the trick for me, I use a small amount and do two facial washes to make sure all my makeup is off my face.$7 (Direct Link Here)
Olay Oil Minimizing Clean Toner. I use this right after I wash my makeup off and usually brush my teeth while I wait for it to dry, it doesn’t take long. I apply this with a cotton ball and it removes any excess dirt or simply confirms I removed all my makeup. It removes impurities and evens the skin tone without stripping the skin from any essential moisture. I am actually loving this toner because once it dries my face still feels hydrated, some toners I’ve used leave my face feeling dry and in need of moisturizer. $5 (Direct Link Here)
Boots Expert Sensitive Hydrating Moisturizer. Simple moisturizer that never seems to run out. A little amount goes a long way and I always carry the product down to my neck. I purchased it at Target and since then I have not seen this brand there and I can’t seem to find it anywhere!!! I remember a Target beauty person was telling me it was a popular UK brand so maybe the UK decided to stop sharing it with us. .. Not sure how much, maybe they’ll restock.
- Mario Badescu, facial spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater. I love, loveeee this product!!! I spray it after I apply my lotion, after a face mask, after I shower, when I’ve had a long tiring day (with makeup on!). Seriously love how fresh my face feels and the smell takes me to a facial spa day! Highly recommend this product! It was a gift from a sweet friend of mine and I need to thank her for gifting it to me because I’m obsessed!!! $7 (Direct Link Here)
Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub Cleanser. This stays in my shower and I love how fresh it smells and how fresh my face feels after. I take hot showers so the steam opens up my pores and then I use this scrub, it’s like I’m giving myself my very own facial in my shower. I don’t do this every single day I shower but maybe just three times a week. $7 (Direct Link Here)
- Equate beauty night-time firming cream. I use this at night to replace my moisturizer, or sometimes I use both! I’m not sure if it’s firming but it does feel good on my face so that’s good! M night time creams always run out fast and I’m constantly trying out new ones! $9 (Direct Link Here)
- Blistex DCT Daily Conditioning Treatment SPF 20. I use this all the time and it leaves my lips feeling so soft. I also get easily sunburned and sometimes my lips too! It’s an issue I’ve always struggled with, I remember waking up to cracked, bleeding lips that hurt even after I applied chapstick. In highschool my mom would take me to the dermatologist for pimple cream and she recommended this chapstick because she said my lips were getting sunburned and since then I have the cure! $5 (Direct Link Here)
PRODUCTS USED ONCE A WEEK.
- Aura Cacia Organic Skin Care Castor Oil. I hardly use this because I hate how sticky it feels on my face but sometime I’ll put it in the ends of my hair and and all over my face almost as a mask and shower it off. It’s supposed to be a replacement for your regular lotion but I just can’t. I do use it after wash off masks because this oil seems more moisturizing. If you have any tips on using this product send them my way! $4 (Direct Link Here)
- Mint Julep Masque. I love this mask! It smells amazing so that’s always a plus. It’s supposed to absorb any excess oils from the skin, when I wash it off it definitely feels very drying which is easily fixed by applying moisturizer. I love trying face masks in those small packets that you can find at Target, Forever 21, Homegoods, many stores have them in the beauty section! My favorite are the peel off masks because it does not require me to wash it off, less mess in my bathroom counter! $4 (Direct Link Here)
- Aivye black mask. This is for the nose and only the nose!!! I learned the hard way, I applied it way too close to my under eye area and cheek, I was crying trying to take it off! It works every time I use it it cleans my nose up and leaves it feeling super soft! $14 (Direct Link Here)
- ‘ExfoliKate’ Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. Oh my goodness, I got this as a sample from one of the Nordstrom Gals and I was warned that it was intense, I was shocked!! This seriously leaves my skin feeling so clean after, even moisturized! This does however sting a tiny bit on the face which is why I never rub aggressively. I have annoyingly sensitive skin and even bruise easily on my face if I scratch too hard or try to pop a pimple so when I first used this product my face was left like a irritated red tomato. Since then I scrub it in softly, it still leaves my cheeks a bit red but it goes away overnight. This scrub also dries any pimples I’ve popped! It’s amazing, just don’t overuse it because i’m pretty sure it scrubs off a layer of skin! $24 (Direct Link Here) Worth every penny!!
- Mario Badescu whitening mask. This mask does not literally whiten your skin, it brightens up the color of your skin so it reduces uneven skin tones. It also cleans and tightens pores having a mild clay based formulation. I always repurchase this mask because it works! I think I need to try all of Mario Badescu’s products because I have a feeling I’ll love them all! $24 (Direct Link Here)
Thanks for stopping by! Love, Elle!
Also, Book of the month, Southernmost, continuing the love story of Southern Solstice. My boyfriend got it for me and it makes it that more special! I adore this love story and I recommend it to all of you hopeless romantics out there! So throw on a facial mask and cozy up to read this book! Hope you enjoy! Purchase here!
Hello everyone💙 I am seriously in love with these shots with little Monaco. He’s so crazy and full of energy it’s hard to ever have a shoot with him but this day was a major success! Shooting by the carousel I thought this dress fit in perfectly with the vibrant colors of the horses. I actually don’t own any cobalt blue items and I got this one at ZARA’s big sale but I just think this color and style of dress is the perfect edition to your spring/summer wardrobe. I paired my dress with a yellow bandana scarf and my hot pink bag keeping my shoes nude. This is a perfect look for the fair simply switch out the shoes for some cute little sneakers and you’re all set! Monaco’s accessories are all from Henri Bendel because I adore their cute doggy accessories! 🙊😍 That completes today’s look!
Bag- Henri Bendel all sold out.
Hi guys! 👋 Hope everyone had an amazing weekend. I’m here today with the perfect California Fall inspired outfit and can we just admire the view in these pictures! 😍🙊Dying. Okay, it’s not a big surprise I’m incorporating open back pieces to my outfits during the Fall season since you guys know I love them!! I always share any open back piece I find and I totally scored on this one! It’s a body suit and it was less than 15 dollars! I was a little skeptical about getting it because it was so cheap but it is actually a great material and fits perfectly. I paired it with a simple black midi skirt and my favorite booties! Im using my brand new HB bag and to add a little bit of Fall vibes I attached this adorable leopard print card purse from J.Crew. I had to wear my felt hat I love so much and it always does the job with tying my whole outfit together. Seriously such a comfortable outfit. Okay, but this view was absolutely breathtaking it was so quiet and peaceful up there. I’m always so amazed seeing our world from a birds eye view because it’s so big and our creator is so much bigger and greater than all of this! Amazing!! Have a great day!
Love, Elle. ❤️
Bodysuit: Make me chic
Bag: Henri bendel
MIDI skirt: old but here is a cute Pleated MIDI skirt!
Leopard card purse: J. crew
Here’s another work edition outfit and I’m wearing this amazing tweed dress. I’ve always been mesmerized by blazers and dresses made from tweed fabric due to the fact that they remind of Chanel, Chanel always uses this fabric, and I believe Chanel has claimed this fabric theirs. If you ever look through their season collection on an ordinary basis, like I am guilty of, don’t be surprised if you see a beautiful tweed dress, blazer, or even coat because I feel like every season Karl Lagerfeld creates some kind of amazing piece made from tweed. Now back to my outfit, it’s simple and professional, no need for any accessories or pops of color. My nude heels are the perfect add on to my simple outfit. My epi leather Louis Vuitton handbag is perfect for carrying my laptop if I need to and of course all of my other ridiculous things I feel as if I must have. The only pop of color is my bright red scarf I tied around my bag. Office chic ready. Similar items linked below.
xoxo Love, Elle.
Bag- Out of Season Check out other epi leather handbags
Scarf-Old similar one here!