Hello lovelies, do you remember being a little girl and watching those Disney classics where Prince Charming is everything from cute to perfect in basically every single way, making the princess swoon. I definitely grew up wishing for my Prince Charming. I’m here to tell you a perfect man does not exist! 🙈 Sorry ladies to mislead you with the title. The truth is no one is perfect, if you’re human you will always make some kind of mistake in life at some point. There might not be a perfect man out there but there is a man that is perfect FOR you. I wanted to give you some advice on finding someone who can be perfect for you. I’m no expert but I am happy 🤔…. so I wanted to share what I think led me to finding someone who is perfect for me. I do have to warn you… there’s a lot of my personal love story so if you don’t like that sort of thing do not continue reading. I won’t even know if you stop right now. 😉
1. Be ready. I’m going to be honest I haven’t really ever had a real boyfriend along with the whole relationship, I just went on dates every now and then that wouldn’t go very far. When I was dating a guy who asked me to be his girlfriend I would either run the other way or say yes but would end it within like two months. (This happened like twice in my life!) I was so young I wasn’t ready for a real relationship and everything that comes with that. If you’re scared or a little unsure then you’re not ready and he’s probably not going to be the perfect man for you.
When Felix came into my life I wasn’t ready for him and had plans of finishing school, going to bible school, and he waited around. He had just enough persistence, patience, love and I was ready along the way. Now we have plans to finish whatever else I wanted to do together. If I would’ve gave in earlier who knows, maybe I would’ve ran away just like before. I knew I was ready when I said yes to being his girlfriend and haven’t regretted since.
2. Be Open. Once you feel like you’re ready to get in a relationship and you finally get asked out or start talking to someone, just be open. I have friends are who looking for Mr. Perfect and say no to guys because they wear a certain type of shoe, they are too tall, too short, crazy things like that and I tell them all the time to be open and give a guy a chance.
To be honest I was the exact same way! I was that horrible girl who ghosted on guys or played those texting games which eventually ended in me getting over it within a week! The day I was open and gave Felix a chance I was blown away by his heart and his love for everyone that all those materialistic, vane things vanished. I remember Felix always wore vans and Tshirts and it drove me crazy because I don’t like vans or tshirts and I, at the beginning of our dating life, wanted to end it because of that. Haha 😅 so happy I didn’t!! After you get past those stupid things we can get to number 3👇🏼.
3. Be Honest. Being honest has to be number one in starting that relationship. You can’t start out a relationship by lying to someone or yourself. Just be real with that person and you’ll receive honesty in return.
I took those little things that bothered me and I let Felix know. For instance the whole Tshirt and vans situation, after a few months of dating I slowly started being honest with Felix about the shoes and his casual outfits. I sent him pictures of cute outfit inspirations and made it a big deal whenever he did get a little more dressed up with those button up shirts or nice leather, suede shoes. All I wanted was classy, casual man. I did it very slowly with his feelings always guiding my every word. Turns out Felix loved how he felt getting dressed up on the regular and was tossing those sneakers at the back of his closet.
Being honest can be so tough and takes a lot of practice for some. For me it was so hard and kind of weird actually and I think it drove Felix crazy frustrated. I never told him how I felt above us and he was constantly asking me. One thing that I would do is keep our relationship a secret from my parents, church life and social media. I think I did it because I have little girls at church that I feel look up to me and always light up when they see me at the meetings, even until today, so I wanted to be a good example to them. They follow me on social media and I didn’t want to set a bad example for them. After telling Felix that, he completely understood and agreed with me. So being honest takes the win! Fast-forward to now-we’ve opened up to our church about us dating and the little girls that I have always thought about are always telling me how cute Felix and I are together. Lol I adore them.
4. End It Sooner than Later. Contrary to being open, always know when it’s time to end it. One of my only rules was he had to believe in God because if he doesn’t there will be nothing but arguments in the future. I took it a step further and only wanted a man that was nondenominational Christian, I wanted a Jesus believing man who wanted a relationship with God, simple and easy, if he was any other religion I’d be gone as soon as I found out. If there’s one thing you feel very strongly about then it’s better to be true to yourself and avoid problems in the future and let them know now. If it’s early on then they will understand.
(Mini story time-Felix getting baptized and becoming that nondenominational Christian man who started a relationship with God) For me, Felix was not ever religious but believed in God so there was a little foundation. He was also extremely open and interested in being a part of my life that is so important to me. He slowly started coming to my bible studies and reading the Bible himself even started bringing his sweet mom. I could see he was absolutely falling in love with God and who God was. He was always so impressed and I adored him whenever he would share any type of enjoyment with me or even asked me any questions regarding something he didn’t understand from the Bible. It may have been because of me at first but he was slowly discovering there was so much more than just going to church on Sundays. Then one random meeting he stood up and announced he wanted to be baptized. That same day we went to my backyard and he was baptized in the pool. The day he was baptized my heart softened, what am I kidding? My heart completely and entirely melted, towards him. Soon after he left he didn’t text me until the next day because he said he went home, was overwhemled with so many feelings that he was just praying to God until he fell asleep. I knew then at that moment I was meant for him and him for me and haven’t doubted it since then.
Oh and his sweet momma also got baptized!! A different day then Felix but I love that we are a family in Christ! 😍
5. Pray. This next little advice is the most important if you believe in God and want a marriage that is covered by the church and God. To pray for your future boyfriend/husband.
(Here’s a little personal testimony.) I, before Felix had an amazing relationship with God and have felt him in every aspect of my life always moving so I always prayed to God to give me someone he wants not someone I want. So basically my prayer went something like, “Lord Jesus I want what you want, not what I want”. In reality the Lord is sweet and knows what we need so he wouldn’t give us someone we don’t like. Anyway, as soon as Felix came into the picture I started praying about him as a friend, that he would be a man who knows Him because there was no way I would date him if he didn’t. I knew he liked me and I felt bad because I was not at that point but I liked hanging out with my cousin so it was always a group date for the longest time! During our group dates I got to know his heart and what an amazing friend and person he was. As soon as I started getting feelings I started praying even more about my feelings and started praying with my closest friends. I didn’t want to be his girlfriend because of so many reason within me that God really worked out. I remember talking to someone I looked up to growing up at church, confessing to her I wanted my relationship to be perfect, I was crying because I was frustrated at the timing of Felix coming into my life. Let’s just say I planned my life and had a special timeline where love was supposed to fall in. Lol She told me there is no perfect way and everyone has their own love story. As long as you give it to God and honor him in every way you possibly can then it just YOUR version of a love story. Nothing and no one is perfect and God has a perfect timing for those who honor and love him. Until this day I still pray about Felix and about our relationship all alone, with others, and especially with Felix. I feel God in our relationship covering us, blessing us, just taking care of us. It all starts with prayer.
So there you go ladies, there’s my advice if you choose to take it into consideration, it’s up to you but you’ve made it this far for a reason I think. 😋😉 I wish you all the best! 😘 kisses and love!
Dress was purchased from Shop Maxwell but is sold out!!! I can not find anything relatively similar!
It’s Wednesday and you’re almost there, I totally get it! You feel like you might just collapse and can’t wait for the weekend. If you’re always feeling this way then I have 6 easy tips for you to beat the slump and make it through the rest of the week strong and energized!
1. No staying up late! This one can be tough if you have that one favorite show to watch or you’re simply just a night owl, whatever the case you have to make the biggest effort to put your electronics away and go to sleep. Try sleeping masks, they work wonders if you have a lot of moonlight peeking through the curtains.
2. Get your caffeine fix! If you’re still feeling tired, try some caffeine. My favorite way to power up is with a iced green tea latte with extra matcha powder! It’s refreshing and gives me that boost I need!
3. Wake up early to stretch or do some sort of exercise! This one not only wakes you up but it also makes you feel great about yourself! Keep this up and waking up earlier for that run will get easier and easier as time goes on.
4. Have a big healthy breakfast! My favorite meal of the day! Indulge on that breakfast, after all you did go on that run this morning and throughout the day you’ll be burning those toast calories right off!
5. Take a fresh shower every morning to wake up! I used to hate morning showers because it meant having to blow dry my hair and that takes way too long! Now that I run every single morning I have to take a shower every single day because I’m like a sweat machine🙈 TMI, sorry guys! I’ve been wearing a bun basically the whole week so it’s been working out!
6. Listen to some feel good music as you do the things above! As I so do everything above I always play some feel good, wake up, be happy jams! As I sing and dance my morning away they help me start my day with a positive attitude!
Those are my top 6 tips for beating the midweek slump! Let me know if you have any others I can try out and thank you for stopping by! 😘
Shop my look
Hello all, I am sharing my video tutorial on this adorable little circle bag I made! I absolutely loved how it came it and it was the easiest thing I’ve ever made!
All it takes are 10 easy to follow steps!
Click on the picture to view the video!
Today I’m sharing my trip to the beautiful Mexico City! 🇲🇽 We purchased a national flight from TJ to Mexico City and arrived 10 minutes late to the airport where they would not let us through!!! We were stuck in TJ with all our luggage and it was seriously the worst experience ever. 😭 I’m traumatized, I’ve done that before but they always let me through or switch my tickets without charging me! We had to buy another ticket and stay in TJ, which happened to be kind of fun! My cousin has an aunt who lives there so we crashed at their place and got taken to eat some bomb tacos! Then we left on the next flight to Mexico and were on our way! ✈️
My aunt lives in Mexico City so she took us around to the most beautiful restaurants, places and we had a great time because of her! Below are some of the spots you have to visit when you go. Also, watch a full vlog of everything we did! Click Here To Watch!
1.Castillo De Chapultepec
2. Palacio de Bellas Artes
3. Pyramids of the Sun
4. La Gruta Restaurant
5. Museo De Frida Kahlo
6. Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral