Today is world mental health day. We live in a world that is so caught up in social media where we wake up and grab our phones right away. We live in a world where depression is a normal occurrence and the main source of those feelings is technology, comparing yourself to someone, when you don’t even know that person is unhappy as well. Today we need start practicing to do things we love, not check our social media every 20 minutes and practice living in the moment. Look at the world around us and be a participant in the world. Take a run or walk to get your endorphins going. Practice being patient because what you want to do is most likely going to take time to get there. Just a thought. 💭 I wanted to share 20 things you can do for your mind and self that will keep you happy and ready for anything.
- Work Hard. Work hard for what you want, nothing is going to be just given to you. It will take time and dedication. All you need to do is start.
- Organize. Keeping things clean around you is always an easy thing to practice in your everyday life. Not only will you be able to find what you’re looking for in the morning but it will make you feel so good and ready to conquer the day!
- Eye Contact. Eye contact builds confidence in yourself and helps you make connections with others. It also makes you appear more trustworthy, self-aware, and self assured. It can be a little awkward for you at first but it’ll get easier!
- Try Something New. Trying something new is always such a fun thing to do. It can be anything from taking a painting class, workout class, planning a trip – I mean anything! Experiencing new things leads to increased productivity, renewed creativity, newfound perspectives, fun memories, and a fun story to tell.
- Practice Self-Kindness. Self-kindness can be hard to obtain, I find that I most hard on myself before anyone else. It takes practice and self awareness to be kind to your own self. Take one day and really observe your habits, behaviors, and thought process – are you kind to yourself? If you find you’re being rough with your self, try replacing with something you love. Look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment, if there’s one person you should be able to rely on, it’s yourself.
- Sweat. Sweating is a great to feel good, it energizes from the inside to the outside! It’s a great way to get your endorphins running and makes you feel way happier.
- Journal. Journaling is so awesome, take time in the morning or at night to make just jot down five things that you accomplished or are grateful for. When you’re done with your list you’ll feel so proud and happy of what you are achieving on a daily basis.
- Make Your Bed. Making your bed in the morning literally takes five minutes!! I do it while I am brushing my teeth and it makes my room look clean instantly.
- Read A Book.Reading is one the most relaxing things you can do for yourself. I like it because a book has the power to take your mind to another place in time, country, story that is not yours. It’s such a powerful way to disengage from the real world.
- Please & Thank You. Saying please and thank you and actually mean it every time you say it. Look in the eyes of whomever is helping you out and say it to them. Not only will the other person feel valued but it’s such a small easy gesture.
- Think Before You Speak. Thinking before you speak can be tough sometimes, I know whenever I’m angry at someone I just want to say what immediately pops into my head which isn’t the nicest. Having two sisters I can tell you I’ve definitely practiced this, sometimes the best thing to say is nothing. Once I cool down and really think about what I feel I talk to them and no one’s feelings get hurt.
Thank you stopping by and I hope you left with some inspiration.
Hi, hi! 👋🏼 I have a fun style post to share with a fun online shop called Shop Maxwell. I’m sure you’ve seen them on Instagram or Pinterest and have probably even repinned some of their clothing items! 🙃 Well I definitely have and so I decided it was time to do some shopping! I’m so busy I don’t have time and definitely don’t want to make time to go into any store to go shopping. Therefore online shops have become my best friend. 👯 This shop has so many different pieces for every occasion and that’s when you know you found a good one! 😉 I found dresses I could wear to church, cocktail dresses, trendy pieces, simple tshirts, they have it all! Lately I’ve stopped shopping for anything tight and restricting because I need the movement at work so when I found this blouse I thought it was so perfect for my life! Not only could I wear it to work but I’d wear it on a casual day out with shorts! Completely versatile. One of the reasons I chose this top is because I adore the eyelet fabric and the detail on the sleeve I feel so put together and pretty in this top! 💁🏼 I especially love the color, I love pairing light colors with other light colors so I went with white denim and nude wrap heels! It’s so comfortable but still very everyday girl cute! Happy Monday guys!
Shop my look
Honey love blouse.
It’s Wednesday and you’re almost there, I totally get it! You feel like you might just collapse and can’t wait for the weekend. If you’re always feeling this way then I have 6 easy tips for you to beat the slump and make it through the rest of the week strong and energized!
1. No staying up late! This one can be tough if you have that one favorite show to watch or you’re simply just a night owl, whatever the case you have to make the biggest effort to put your electronics away and go to sleep. Try sleeping masks, they work wonders if you have a lot of moonlight peeking through the curtains.
2. Get your caffeine fix! If you’re still feeling tired, try some caffeine. My favorite way to power up is with a iced green tea latte with extra matcha powder! It’s refreshing and gives me that boost I need!
3. Wake up early to stretch or do some sort of exercise! This one not only wakes you up but it also makes you feel great about yourself! Keep this up and waking up earlier for that run will get easier and easier as time goes on.
4. Have a big healthy breakfast! My favorite meal of the day! Indulge on that breakfast, after all you did go on that run this morning and throughout the day you’ll be burning those toast calories right off!
5. Take a fresh shower every morning to wake up! I used to hate morning showers because it meant having to blow dry my hair and that takes way too long! Now that I run every single morning I have to take a shower every single day because I’m like a sweat machine🙈 TMI, sorry guys! I’ve been wearing a bun basically the whole week so it’s been working out!
6. Listen to some feel good music as you do the things above! As I so do everything above I always play some feel good, wake up, be happy jams! As I sing and dance my morning away they help me start my day with a positive attitude!
Those are my top 6 tips for beating the midweek slump! Let me know if you have any others I can try out and thank you for stopping by! 😘
Shop my look
Hello all, I am sharing my video tutorial on this adorable little circle bag I made! I absolutely loved how it came it and it was the easiest thing I’ve ever made!
All it takes are 10 easy to follow steps!
Click on the picture to view the video!
Girlssssss, wrap dresses, it is the best creation in the fashion world! Let me tell you why…first of all it is thee most comfortable dress ever! It is such a classic item to have in your wardrobe that doesn’t ever seem to go out of style. If you buy the right fabric, and color you can wear it through all the seasons! Okay, and if you’re a soon to be mom this would be a perfect dress as well because it doesn’t matter what shape or figure you are, you are guaranteed to look amazing. Dress it up or wear it more casually, you can do it all with wrap dresses. If I still haven’t convinced you well…. I think I will because this dress is only $16 so why not try it out now? I would go one size up if you’re a little more curvy because the split will open wider but the fabric is great, very nice and stretchy! Happy Shopping everyone!
With love, Elle.
Shop My Look♥️👉🏻 Wrap dress 👉🏻 Hat 👉🏻 HB Bag 👉🏻 Sandals
Also, since I’m enjoying my favorite ice cream here from Cauldron, the earl grey lavender ice cream, I thought I would share my favorite spots for a sweet treat.
2. Á la Minute
Today I’m sharing my trip to the beautiful Mexico City! 🇲🇽 We purchased a national flight from TJ to Mexico City and arrived 10 minutes late to the airport where they would not let us through!!! We were stuck in TJ with all our luggage and it was seriously the worst experience ever. 😭 I’m traumatized, I’ve done that before but they always let me through or switch my tickets without charging me! We had to buy another ticket and stay in TJ, which happened to be kind of fun! My cousin has an aunt who lives there so we crashed at their place and got taken to eat some bomb tacos! Then we left on the next flight to Mexico and were on our way! ✈️
My aunt lives in Mexico City so she took us around to the most beautiful restaurants, places and we had a great time because of her! Below are some of the spots you have to visit when you go. Also, watch a full vlog of everything we did! Click Here To Watch!
1.Castillo De Chapultepec
2. Palacio de Bellas Artes
3. Pyramids of the Sun
4. La Gruta Restaurant
5. Museo De Frida Kahlo
6. Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral