Hello lovelies, do you remember being a little girl and watching those Disney classics where Prince Charming is everything from cute to perfect in basically every single way, making the princess swoon. I definitely grew up wishing for my Prince Charming. I’m here to tell you a perfect man does not exist! 🙈 Sorry ladies to mislead you with the title. The truth is no one is perfect, if you’re human you will always make some kind of mistake in life at some point. There might not be a perfect man out there but there is a man that is perfect FOR you. I wanted to give you some advice on finding someone who can be perfect for you. I’m no expert but I am happy 🤔…. so I wanted to share what I think led me to finding someone who is perfect for me. I do have to warn you… there’s a lot of my personal love story so if you don’t like that sort of thing do not continue reading. I won’t even know if you stop right now. 😉
1. Be ready. I’m going to be honest I haven’t really ever had a real boyfriend along with the whole relationship, I just went on dates every now and then that wouldn’t go very far. When I was dating a guy who asked me to be his girlfriend I would either run the other way or say yes but would end it within like two months. (This happened like twice in my life!) I was so young I wasn’t ready for a real relationship and everything that comes with that. If you’re scared or a little unsure then you’re not ready and he’s probably not going to be the perfect man for you.
When Felix came into my life I wasn’t ready for him and had plans of finishing school, going to bible school, and he waited around. He had just enough persistence, patience, love and I was ready along the way. Now we have plans to finish whatever else I wanted to do together. If I would’ve gave in earlier who knows, maybe I would’ve ran away just like before. I knew I was ready when I said yes to being his girlfriend and haven’t regretted since.
2. Be Open. Once you feel like you’re ready to get in a relationship and you finally get asked out or start talking to someone, just be open. I have friends are who looking for Mr. Perfect and say no to guys because they wear a certain type of shoe, they are too tall, too short, crazy things like that and I tell them all the time to be open and give a guy a chance.
To be honest I was the exact same way! I was that horrible girl who ghosted on guys or played those texting games which eventually ended in me getting over it within a week! The day I was open and gave Felix a chance I was blown away by his heart and his love for everyone that all those materialistic, vane things vanished. I remember Felix always wore vans and Tshirts and it drove me crazy because I don’t like vans or tshirts and I, at the beginning of our dating life, wanted to end it because of that. Haha 😅 so happy I didn’t!! After you get past those stupid things we can get to number 3👇🏼.
3. Be Honest. Being honest has to be number one in starting that relationship. You can’t start out a relationship by lying to someone or yourself. Just be real with that person and you’ll receive honesty in return.
I took those little things that bothered me and I let Felix know. For instance the whole Tshirt and vans situation, after a few months of dating I slowly started being honest with Felix about the shoes and his casual outfits. I sent him pictures of cute outfit inspirations and made it a big deal whenever he did get a little more dressed up with those button up shirts or nice leather, suede shoes. All I wanted was classy, casual man. I did it very slowly with his feelings always guiding my every word. Turns out Felix loved how he felt getting dressed up on the regular and was tossing those sneakers at the back of his closet.
Being honest can be so tough and takes a lot of practice for some. For me it was so hard and kind of weird actually and I think it drove Felix crazy frustrated. I never told him how I felt above us and he was constantly asking me. One thing that I would do is keep our relationship a secret from my parents, church life and social media. I think I did it because I have little girls at church that I feel look up to me and always light up when they see me at the meetings, even until today, so I wanted to be a good example to them. They follow me on social media and I didn’t want to set a bad example for them. After telling Felix that, he completely understood and agreed with me. So being honest takes the win! Fast-forward to now-we’ve opened up to our church about us dating and the little girls that I have always thought about are always telling me how cute Felix and I are together. Lol I adore them.
4. End It Sooner than Later. Contrary to being open, always know when it’s time to end it. One of my only rules was he had to believe in God because if he doesn’t there will be nothing but arguments in the future. I took it a step further and only wanted a man that was nondenominational Christian, I wanted a Jesus believing man who wanted a relationship with God, simple and easy, if he was any other religion I’d be gone as soon as I found out. If there’s one thing you feel very strongly about then it’s better to be true to yourself and avoid problems in the future and let them know now. If it’s early on then they will understand.
(Mini story time-Felix getting baptized and becoming that nondenominational Christian man who started a relationship with God) For me, Felix was not ever religious but believed in God so there was a little foundation. He was also extremely open and interested in being a part of my life that is so important to me. He slowly started coming to my bible studies and reading the Bible himself even started bringing his sweet mom. I could see he was absolutely falling in love with God and who God was. He was always so impressed and I adored him whenever he would share any type of enjoyment with me or even asked me any questions regarding something he didn’t understand from the Bible. It may have been because of me at first but he was slowly discovering there was so much more than just going to church on Sundays. Then one random meeting he stood up and announced he wanted to be baptized. That same day we went to my backyard and he was baptized in the pool. The day he was baptized my heart softened, what am I kidding? My heart completely and entirely melted, towards him. Soon after he left he didn’t text me until the next day because he said he went home, was overwhemled with so many feelings that he was just praying to God until he fell asleep. I knew then at that moment I was meant for him and him for me and haven’t doubted it since then.
Oh and his sweet momma also got baptized!! A different day then Felix but I love that we are a family in Christ! 😍
5. Pray. This next little advice is the most important if you believe in God and want a marriage that is covered by the church and God. To pray for your future boyfriend/husband.
(Here’s a little personal testimony.) I, before Felix had an amazing relationship with God and have felt him in every aspect of my life always moving so I always prayed to God to give me someone he wants not someone I want. So basically my prayer went something like, “Lord Jesus I want what you want, not what I want”. In reality the Lord is sweet and knows what we need so he wouldn’t give us someone we don’t like. Anyway, as soon as Felix came into the picture I started praying about him as a friend, that he would be a man who knows Him because there was no way I would date him if he didn’t. I knew he liked me and I felt bad because I was not at that point but I liked hanging out with my cousin so it was always a group date for the longest time! During our group dates I got to know his heart and what an amazing friend and person he was. As soon as I started getting feelings I started praying even more about my feelings and started praying with my closest friends. I didn’t want to be his girlfriend because of so many reason within me that God really worked out. I remember talking to someone I looked up to growing up at church, confessing to her I wanted my relationship to be perfect, I was crying because I was frustrated at the timing of Felix coming into my life. Let’s just say I planned my life and had a special timeline where love was supposed to fall in. Lol She told me there is no perfect way and everyone has their own love story. As long as you give it to God and honor him in every way you possibly can then it just YOUR version of a love story. Nothing and no one is perfect and God has a perfect timing for those who honor and love him. Until this day I still pray about Felix and about our relationship all alone, with others, and especially with Felix. I feel God in our relationship covering us, blessing us, just taking care of us. It all starts with prayer.
So there you go ladies, there’s my advice if you choose to take it into consideration, it’s up to you but you’ve made it this far for a reason I think. 😋😉 I wish you all the best! 😘 kisses and love!
Dress was purchased from Shop Maxwell but is sold out!!! I can not find anything relatively similar!
My favorite look to style without thinking twice has to be hands down SKIRTS!! Not just any skirt but midi skirts, it is such a polished girl kind of look and I am all about it! Today I wanted to share one of my secrets when styling skirts. It’s something I just started doing and no one would even know! It all started a few Sundays ago when I wanted to wear this adorable black pleated midi skirt but couldn’t find the perfect top so I decided I’d wear a dress! I chose this black bodycon dress but I had more options with my dresses! It’s an easy way to add more variety when styling a look. I wish I would’ve thought of it sooner! Not only did I love how it looked but since it’s a dress, being longer than a top, it stayed tucked in, the whole day! It may be something I just discovered but I thought I’d share because geeeezzz I feel like it increased my options for outfits by a lot! Thanks for stopping by as always!
Shop my look!
Hello, hello, we meet again. I can’t seem to wrap my mind around the fact that it is October soon to be November, which means it is my anniversary with Felix! It’s about to be four years of being officially together and it doesn’t even feel like that long! Just crazy how time flies! Then after that it’ll be the new year before ya know it! In honor of boyfriends and relationships I wanted to make my very own bucket list of things to do with your boo this October/November! 🤗 Personally these kind of posts are my favorite to read and I find so many cool spots to head to for the first time. Here’s my personal bucket list!
1. Pumpkin Carving/Decorating. Every year Felix and I try to find cute pictures we want to carve on our pumpkins. Last year we had it at my house with both our families and everyone dressed up in their costume! You’re guaranteed to have a fun time with your love and family.
2. Pumpkin patch! Not only is fun to eat some food, play some games and pick up some pumpkins but there are also great photo ops! It is probably the most Fall activity you could and should do!
3. Go up to the mountains. My parents just bought their very first second home and home where they want to retire to and it happens to be in Big Bear!! They still have about two years or so until they retire officially so the cabin is up there, fully furnished just waiting. We will definitely be taking a few trips up this year. Most likely spending thanksgiving and christmas up there too with my family and Felix’s family too! I’m hoping it snows! ❄️
4. Hot air balloon. I’ve never gotten on a hot air balloon but have always wanted to! I bet the view and experience would be just.. wow! I’m hoping this year I can cross it off my list!
5. Fall photo session. Every year Felix and I attend a Marine gala event where I find a pretty ball gown and Felix wears his dress blues. He always looks so handsome and truly looks like Prince Charming, I always tell him our children are going to think mommy and daddy were prince and princess when they look at our pictures. Last year we had our very first photo session and I definitely want them this year again!
6. Cozy up. I want to get all cozy and comfy wrapped in a million blankets with my love and some hot cocoa and just talk about our dreams and future. It’s my favorite conversation to have with Felix.
7. Disneyland! Go to Disneyland or the Disneyland Halloween event! It always feels like Fall at Disneyland with all their decorations! We love taking Felix’s niece every year and we always have so much fun!!! We are excited every year to go back and find our costumes! This year we were Spider Family!
Some of these I’ve already done and look forward doing every year! It’s a great way to spend time with family and your special someone! Thanks for stopping by!