My favorite look to style without thinking twice has to be hands down SKIRTS!! Not just any skirt but midi skirts, it is such a polished girl kind of look and I am all about it! Today I wanted to share one of my secrets when styling skirts. It’s something I just started doing and no one would even know! It all started a few Sundays ago when I wanted to wear this adorable black pleated midi skirt but couldn’t find the perfect top so I decided I’d wear a dress! I chose this black bodycon dress but I had more options with my dresses! It’s an easy way to add more variety when styling a look. I wish I would’ve thought of it sooner! Not only did I love how it looked but since it’s a dress, being longer than a top, it stayed tucked in, the whole day! It may be something I just discovered but I thought I’d share because geeeezzz I feel like it increased my options for outfits by a lot! Thanks for stopping by as always!
Shop my look!
Hi, hi! 👋🏼 I have a fun style post to share with a fun online shop called Shop Maxwell. I’m sure you’ve seen them on Instagram or Pinterest and have probably even repinned some of their clothing items! 🙃 Well I definitely have and so I decided it was time to do some shopping! I’m so busy I don’t have time and definitely don’t want to make time to go into any store to go shopping. Therefore online shops have become my best friend. 👯 This shop has so many different pieces for every occasion and that’s when you know you found a good one! 😉 I found dresses I could wear to church, cocktail dresses, trendy pieces, simple tshirts, they have it all! Lately I’ve stopped shopping for anything tight and restricting because I need the movement at work so when I found this blouse I thought it was so perfect for my life! Not only could I wear it to work but I’d wear it on a casual day out with shorts! Completely versatile. One of the reasons I chose this top is because I adore the eyelet fabric and the detail on the sleeve I feel so put together and pretty in this top! 💁🏼 I especially love the color, I love pairing light colors with other light colors so I went with white denim and nude wrap heels! It’s so comfortable but still very everyday girl cute! Happy Monday guys!
Shop my look
Honey love blouse.
It’s almost the end of this year and if there’s something I’ve learned it’s how to be a more confidant woman. I thought I’d share five habits that can help you be more confident too. As well as some inspo for a transition Fall look! Well let’s get right into the habits!
1. Seek Challenges. Not everything you do will be a piece of cake, and that’s OK, so don’t let challenges stop you. If there’s something you want to do, like maybe start up that blog you’ve been thinking about or change your career path, start that new workout class, it’s never too late! I’ve found if that’s where your passion is you’re most likely to succeed and be happy while doing it. If it’s not what you thought it would be, don’t give up, keep going and learn from your mistakes to eventually get where you want to be.
2. Do NOT compare yourselves to others. This can be such a toxic habit to have and these days it can be so easy to fall in this habit. Instead of comparing and feeling jealous of what other girls have you can make the choice of supporting women, networking with them. You might even spark a brand new friendship. Getting inspired by other women is a much better habit to have! I love finding gorgeous girls who have similar styles as I do and following along in their life I always get inspired to try a new look or visit a new place!
3. Make Goals. Making goals is so important but simply deciding you want a new car can seem so impossible, you have to have steps in achieving that goal. So you can start with saving a certain amount each month until you get the amount you need for that new car. Trust me! Once you mark that first check mark in the very first step to a new car or whatever it is you want, you gain a bar of confidence in your life!
4. Respect others and yourself. Okay, this is so important in every women’s life. I think respecting others should be a part of everyone’s life and if done, it would stop so many fights in our world but I suppose it’s easier said then done.
I’ve never been one to say anything negative about another girl or person in general. Maybe it’s the Jesus living in me or the desire to be a righteous women in the eyes of God, like Noah, being right with God and right with man he found favor in the eyes of God because of his righteousness. Who am I to push down another person for any reason at all even behind their backs. I will always respect others upfront and behind their back.
Then there is respecting yourself, be confident in who you are, what you believe in and always think twice about making decisions. One simple way of respecting yourself is by elliminating cuss words from your vocabulary I’ve never been one to use them and I’ve found that it’s keeps me positive in my everyday life which has led to confidence.
5. Fake it and you’ll make it. Oh my goodness, this is definitely something to live by! Recently I went from working in an office, sitting on a desk, in front of a computer almost ALL day, being basically all to my self besides meetings to all of a sudden, working with children! I’m pretty good with kids but I’m not great so I was so nervous! I had a week of intensive training to prepare but still felt totally unprepared! Lol Receiving my very first patient was the scariest thing of my life but I knew the parents didn’t know their child was my first patient so what did I do? You guessed it. I faked it and I’ve made it, so cheesey but it’s true. I went in feeling so nervous but with practice and time, I’m confident in what I’m doing. Never go in doubting yourself because your mind is so powerful and can bring you down. Instead go in telling yourself “you can” and you’ll do great in whatever you do.
Habits 1, 3, and 5 are ones I’ve experienced this year intensely and the others are just a part of my everyday life. My list of habits can go on so I’ll have to share more later but for now you can try these out and let me know how they work for you! 😉
As always, thank you for stopping by and I hope you follow along to get more inspo in life and style! 😘 Love, Elle.
SHOP MY LOOK:
Hat: Forever 21
Skirt: Similar Mine is actually a dress.
Shoes: older and could not find anything relatively similar. Sorry guys! This is a simple sandal with low heel.
Bag: Henri Bendel. All sold out. Similar.