Today is world mental health day. We live in a world that is so caught up in social media where we wake up and grab our phones right away. We live in a world where depression is a normal occurrence and the main source of those feelings is technology, comparing yourself to someone, when you don’t even know that person is unhappy as well. Today we need start practicing to do things we love, not check our social media every 20 minutes and practice living in the moment. Look at the world around us and be a participant in the world. Take a run or walk to get your endorphins going. Practice being patient because what you want to do is most likely going to take time to get there. Just a thought. 💭 I wanted to share 20 things you can do for your mind and self that will keep you happy and ready for anything.
- Work Hard. Work hard for what you want, nothing is going to be just given to you. It will take time and dedication. All you need to do is start.
- Organize. Keeping things clean around you is always an easy thing to practice in your everyday life. Not only will you be able to find what you’re looking for in the morning but it will make you feel so good and ready to conquer the day!
- Eye Contact. Eye contact builds confidence in yourself and helps you make connections with others. It also makes you appear more trustworthy, self-aware, and self assured. It can be a little awkward for you at first but it’ll get easier!
- Try Something New. Trying something new is always such a fun thing to do. It can be anything from taking a painting class, workout class, planning a trip – I mean anything! Experiencing new things leads to increased productivity, renewed creativity, newfound perspectives, fun memories, and a fun story to tell.
- Practice Self-Kindness. Self-kindness can be hard to obtain, I find that I most hard on myself before anyone else. It takes practice and self awareness to be kind to your own self. Take one day and really observe your habits, behaviors, and thought process – are you kind to yourself? If you find you’re being rough with your self, try replacing with something you love. Look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment, if there’s one person you should be able to rely on, it’s yourself.
- Sweat. Sweating is a great to feel good, it energizes from the inside to the outside! It’s a great way to get your endorphins running and makes you feel way happier.
- Journal. Journaling is so awesome, take time in the morning or at night to make just jot down five things that you accomplished or are grateful for. When you’re done with your list you’ll feel so proud and happy of what you are achieving on a daily basis.
- Make Your Bed. Making your bed in the morning literally takes five minutes!! I do it while I am brushing my teeth and it makes my room look clean instantly.
- Read A Book.Reading is one the most relaxing things you can do for yourself. I like it because a book has the power to take your mind to another place in time, country, story that is not yours. It’s such a powerful way to disengage from the real world.
- Please & Thank You. Saying please and thank you and actually mean it every time you say it. Look in the eyes of whomever is helping you out and say it to them. Not only will the other person feel valued but it’s such a small easy gesture.
- Think Before You Speak. Thinking before you speak can be tough sometimes, I know whenever I’m angry at someone I just want to say what immediately pops into my head which isn’t the nicest. Having two sisters I can tell you I’ve definitely practiced this, sometimes the best thing to say is nothing. Once I cool down and really think about what I feel I talk to them and no one’s feelings get hurt.
Thank you stopping by and I hope you left with some inspiration.